On October 9th, Beijing time, the men's singles semi-finals of the 2020 French Open will start at 20:50. The 12-time champion Nadal will face the Argentine star Schwarzman, and the world number one Djokovic welcomes the Greek teenager. Sisipas shocked. The following is the key information you need to know about the two men's singles semifinals.
1. If Schwarzman defeats Nadal in the semi-finals, he will become the third player in history to beat Nadal on clay courts multiple times in the same season. The Argentine defeated the king of clay in this year's Rome Masters. Previously, only Djokovic and Fognini did it.
2. This is the sixth time Nadal has advanced to the semi-finals in the French Open without losing a set after 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2017. The Spanish football leader took 10 hours and 4 minutes to advance to the semi-finals, 28 minutes shorter than Djokovic.
3. If the 22-year-old Sisipas can reach the French Open men's singles final, he will become the youngest player to enter the Grand Slam final in 10 years and the youngest French Open since Nadal in 2008. .
4. Djokovic has won 9 of the past 10 Grand Slams, and the world's No. 1 has won 7 consecutive victories against the top ten opponents.
5. Nadal had previously won the 12 semi-finals of Roland Garros.
6. If Schwarzman can make it to the French Open final, he will become the fourth Argentine in history to reach the French Open final and the first since 2005.
7. Sisipas has a record of one win and six losses against the world No. 1 in his career. The only win was a victory over Djokovic in the Shanghai Masters last year.
8. If Nadal wins, he will become the third-oldest player to reach the French Open men's singles final since the open era, aged 34 years and 130 days. The oldest of these was Andres Gimeno in 1972, who was 34 years old and 306 days old.
9. Djokovic won 72 games in the French Open, which is the second highest record in history after Nadal. He will strive to hit the double lap Grand Slam.
10. The winner between Nadal and Schwarzman will reap the 21st victory of the season and rise to 5th in the tournament rankings. Topping the list is Djokovic (36 games).